Art Lovers Subscription Service
Buying and owning original artwork can be intimidating. Studio visitors often express a deep connection to my felt artwork, but are hesitant to purchase or commit to owning a felt art piece.
I hear comments such as:
“I can’t afford anything even though I love your work.”
“I’m afraid it would be ruined in my house because of my—children, dogs, cats, loutish friends . . .”
And there are unspoken concerns that are expressed more subtly, amounting to:
“I’ve never seen anything like your felt work in anyone else’s home and I’m not sure I’d love it in my home.”
It’s a sad outcome for artist and art lover alike when art works remain quietly hanging on studio or gallery walls … instead of being viewed and enjoyed daily in the comfort of one’s own home.
Then it occurred to me:
What if art lovers could enjoy the works they are drawn to,
in the comfort of their own home,
for an affordable fee, on a trial basis?
We live in a sharing economy where subscription services are available for everything under the sun, giving more people new ways to enjoy the things they want and love.
Why not offer an affordable subscription program for original artwork?
Why not mine?
How It Works
Clients may choose any felt art piece they like and bring it home on a trial basis.
Small works priced under $500 can be taken home for a $25 monthly subscription fee, with a three month minimum period.
Medium sized works (priced at $500-$1500) can be taken home for a $50 monthly subscription fee, with a minimum 6-month subscription period.
Larger works (priced over $1500) can be taken home for a $100 monthly subscription fee with a minimum 6-month subscription period.
At the end of the 3-month or 6-month subscription term, clients can choose to either:
(a) buy the artwork outright (subscription fees already paid will be credited toward the purchase amount), (b) return the artwork to my Sperryville, Virginia studio, or
(c) renew their subscription for another 3-month or 6-month term.
Clients may discover that they enjoy the flexibility of exchanging their felt art piece for a different piece, or they may have found the perfect spot for the perfect work and want to keep it forever. Either choice means more happy art is being enjoyed in a loving home.
On the other hand, if you decide felt art is “just not your thing”, you may return your art piece to my studio. All artwork will be thoroughly cleaned by the artist upon its return.
$25 Per Month
3-Month Subscription Term
Available for Pieces Priced Under $500
Ideal for those who love beautiful things but live in small spaces and need the flexibility to have something on the wall without the commitment of owning it forever.
- Great choice for a gift subscription.
- Return the work after a season or pay the balance due to keep the art piece in your home.
- Client may exchange their chosen piece once per quarter (3-month period) for another piece priced under $500.
- Renews quarterly until the art work is returned or the balance due on the original price is paid in full.
$50 Per Month
6-Month Subscription Term
Available for Pieces Priced From $500 – $1,500
Our Salon plan offers larger works, more options for exchange, and delivery and display consultation (if desired.)
- Perfect for those exploring art choices for a new space or renewing a beloved space.
- An opportunity to experience living with felt art without committing to owning it forever.
- Allows up to four (4) exchanges of art works in the $500 – $1,500 price range per 6-month period.
- Includes one home delivery (by the artist) and display consultation for locations within a 50-mile radius of our Sperryville, Virginia studio.
- $50 monthly fee renews quarterly until work is returned or balance due on the original price is paid in full.
$100 Per Month
6-Month Subscription Term
Available for Pieces Priced at $1,500 or More
Conoisseur subscribers may choose from larger works and enjoy more exchange options.
- Includes one home delivery and display consultation within a 50-mile radius of our Sperryville, Virginia studio.
- Conoisseur subscribers may exchange their chosen piece up to four (4) times in a 6-month period for another art work in a similar price range ($1,500 or more.)
- $100 monthly fee renews quarterly until work is returned or balance due on original price is paid in full.
Care and Cleaning of Felt Art Work
All artwork is to be treated with care and respect when it is in the client’s possession. It may be gently dusted with a lint roller.
If a spill or other mishap occurs, please consult the artist and do not attempt to clean it yourself.
Warm water and unscented soap are the only cleaners that should be used on the felt, and only in a dire situation. Please do not spray the felt art with anything scented.
Thank you, and enjoy!